A couple of weekends ago, the kids and I took a drive over to the coast. Our destination was Glass Beach. This beach is filled with many beautiful "rocks". It used to be a dump site and the glass and ceramic has been broken and worn from years of waves crashing, making what look to be small colorful rocks. Over the years, the rocks have been picked over, but it is still fun to look around.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
A Day at the Beach
**** Just a note - I participated in a Show Us Your Roosters Party and then submitted 2 more posts. If you are hopping on to my site to view the Rooster Party, please scroll down 2 posts to view. Thank you! ****
A couple of weekends ago, the kids and I took a drive over to the coast. Our destination was Glass Beach. This beach is filled with many beautiful "rocks". It used to be a dump site and the glass and ceramic has been broken and worn from years of waves crashing, making what look to be small colorful rocks. Over the years, the rocks have been picked over, but it is still fun to look around.
We brought our big bucket of beach toys. The kids tried to make a sand castle but it didn't quite work.

A couple of weekends ago, the kids and I took a drive over to the coast. Our destination was Glass Beach. This beach is filled with many beautiful "rocks". It used to be a dump site and the glass and ceramic has been broken and worn from years of waves crashing, making what look to be small colorful rocks. Over the years, the rocks have been picked over, but it is still fun to look around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















2 comments:
Lisa, honey, I would put something at the top of this post about the rooster post being further down.
Reason being: bloggers won't know you have a rooster post on.
Barb :-)
Barb - Thanks for the suggestion! I'll do it! :-)
Lisa
Post a Comment