Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Walking Partner . . .



I think I may have found the perfect walking partner. Every night this week, the kids and I have been taking off after dinner and going for a walk. Monday we drove over to the big park and walked around the park, then we stopped and they played with some friends. On Tuesday evening we laced up our walking shoes and walked up to the high school and back, finding friends' houses along the way. Last night we walked down to the elementary school. We saw Alec playing in his front yard so he joined us for the walk. The kids played and had a great time. But tonight, Aidan and I went for a looong walk. This route is one that my friend and I walk on Sunday evenings. Almost 2 miles. He has so much youthful energy that he even wanted to jog - up a hill! So jogged we did and I can't believe I made it up the hill! He did great. Perhaps just what I need to push me a little more than normal. Hopefully we can walk that route again. :-)

1 comment:

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

What a darling walking partner you have! 2 miles should get you in shape in no time.

Thanks for your sweet comment over at my blog. Sharing your testimony is always a scary thing.

Your encouragement was a blessing to my heart.