Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day 2009


Today, we have a new President. The 44th President of the United States. President Barack Obama. If you were able to watch the Inauguration Ceremony, it was quite interesting. This is actually the first one I have watched. I enjoyed it.

It is reported that President Obama asked to take the oath of office using the same Bible that President Lincoln used when he was sworn in as the 16th President of the United States. President Obama is the first president to be sworn in using this Bible since Lincoln first used it in 1861.
Although it is an exciting day for many people, with the swearing in of a new President, it is also a sad time for some. Personally, I liked George W. Bush and his wife Laura. I think he tried to do the best he could. It's easy to sit back and criticize, but try to imagine the weight the President of the United States holds on his shoulders. He can try to make the best decision, but as with all of us, do we always know that our decision is going to the right one or the best one? I appreciate the time he spent leading our country. Time will tell what changes will take place under this new leadership.

Which brings to mind our leader. God's word exhorts us to pray for our kings and leaders in authority. We do not have a "king" but we have a president. I don't agree with all of his values, but I do pray that President Obama will seeks God's will in his decisions and show our country the value of following God in his daily life.

1 Timothy 2:1-6 says, "1) I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. As you make your requests, plead for God's mercy upon them, and give thanks. 2) Pray this way for kings and all others who are in authority, so that we can live in peace and quietness, in godliness and dignity. 3) This is good and pleases God our Savior, 4) for he wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. 5) For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and people. He is the man Christ Jesus. 6) He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the message that God gave to the world at the proper time." NLT

No comments: